Natasha by Jeneal Andrews / Mommy and Daddy Andrews

I adopted Natasha from a pet store. She was a three month old Lhasa Apso. We had lost another Lhasa earlier that year and I needed to fill the void. She was a bundle of brown fur with big brown eyes. I brought her home on July 3, 1990 and my two daughters were delighted to have a new puppy. I can still see Natasha chasing the girls in the back yard. She loved to sleep with my daughter Tamara. Natasha loved to go camping, boating, and was intrigued by the fish we caught.

As time went by and my girls got big and I remarried, Natasha became my best friend. We moved to my husbands big house and she felt like a queen here. At night when I’d go to bed, Natasha would jump on the bed and walk along my body and flop right on my back and
that’s how we’d sleep all night.

I’m plagued with migraines, and there was one time that I had a bad migraine and Natasha laid on my head and I could feel the migraine being pulled out of my head. I’ve been told since that the warmth of her body healed the migraine. She loved to camp. She loved
to explore the mountains.

Back in the year 2000, we were camping at Grisley Park by Yellowstone. We were put in a corner that was by the forest with bears. We were in a tent trailer and my husband was sleeping on one end and Natasha and I were sleeping on the other end. Natasha woke me up because she was shaking. I asked her what was wrong and my husband told me to be quiet because he could hear a bear outside. I thought that was really cool so I jumped out of bed and ran over to the door to see the bear. What was I thinking? That bear could take one swipe and take out the trailer. So I jumped back in bed and cuddled with Natasha and tried to calm her down and that’s how we spent the rest of the night. She loved to go for car rides and daddy would buy her a hamburger.

Birthdays were always special for her and she was spoiled. Last August we moved back to my house which is half the size of daddy’s house. I could tell she wasn’t happy. She was Queen B of daddy’s house.

Well in March of 2006, we decided to sell both houses and buy a new one. My house sold the first day it went on the market. I kept telling Natasha that if she would hang on to her sixteenth
birthday, we would move back to daddy’s house and then she could go back to Heavenly Father. She’s been so happy at daddy’s house and I wanted her last days to be happy ones. She made it to sweet sixteen, but she started to fade fast. I kept hoping since we came back that she’d start feeling better. I couldn’t bear the fact that I was losing her. She has been the love of our lives for sixteen years.

But I kept my promise to her that since she reached sixteen, and we came back to daddy’s house, I’d have to let her go. So with all the strength I could muster up, I took her to the vet wrapped in a blanket and with tears streaming down my face, I walked in and said I need to do this. The vet’s assistance was a girl that I had taught at church and she took Natasha to the room and I followed her. She put her on the table and then wrapped her arms around me and said how sad she was for me. She also had tears. I kept rubbing Natasha’s ear and telling her how much I loved her and I would see her at the rainbow bridge. The vet injected her and immediately she was at peace. I bought her a pink casket and we had a family funeral for her. We buried her at our new home and I know she would have loved it there. Natasha we love you and miss you with all our heart.
Be free and play with Savannah and Professor.
See you at the rainbow bridge.


With all our love,
Jeneal Andrews